Summary: Not knowing how to check in on Facebook? Read this article to find out.
Facebook is the most commonly used social media app across the globe. People, whether they are enjoying any concert or performing any activity, they like to share everything on Facebook. Recently, it has been seen that more people are using the “check in” feature on Facebook. If you are an active Facebook user, you must be knowing about it, and if not, we are going to tell you “how to check in on Facebook”.
What is check in on Facebook?
Check in is nothing more than the modern way of telling people that you were at some place. It’s like scrawling “your name was here” except here you don’t leave graffiti behind, rather you post that information on the world’s largest social media platform i.e. Facebook.
A Facebook Check in is a post linked to a particular location like a restaurant, museum, mall, or city and town. It is a great way to let others know what places they people have been or to inform a large group for coordinating a meet-up. When checking in at a specific location, you can also let your loved ones know that you are safe from any natural disaster or terrorist attack, or anything.
However, you must remember that whatever you share on Facebook can be visible to people other than your immediate friends too, so, you should always be careful especially when sharing your location.
How to check in on Facebook from a desktop?
Whatever device you are using for check in, it will take hardly one-two minutes.
Follow these steps to check in on Facebook from a desktop:
- Log in to your Facebook page and navigate to your feed.
- You will see a “Create Post” section at the top of your feed. Click on the three horizontal dots in that section.
- When you click on it, you will see a menu with options of activities. Click on the tab “Check In” with a red map marked on it.
2. A list will appear. Select your desired location, or type in the location you want to choose.
3. You can also add photos, tag friends, or type any content you wish.
4. Finally hit the “Share” button at the bottom of your post.
How to check in on Facebook via the Facebook app?
Checking in via the Facebook app is even easier. Have a look:
- Open the Facebook App. You will see the “Check in” option at the top right corner of your screen. Tap on it.
2. If you don’t have the Facebook app, download it from the play store.
3. From the list that appears, choose your desired location.
4. Add comments, tags, photos, videos, whatever you like, and hit the “Share” option in the top right corner.
Note: You can also change the privacy of your check-in post. Whether you want to share it with your friends, the public, or just specific people, you can set the option there.